It’s finally time for Money in the Bank 2017. This has the potential to be an exciting ppv even though there are only five announced matches on the main show. Maybe there will be a sixth impromptu match to help round out the card. We are going to get to see our first ever women’s MITB match….and there are rumors that there could be a sixth woman added to the match! It’s great to see how far the WWE women have come in the past few years…hopefully this group of women deliver. We are also going to witness a men’s MITB match that literally anyone can win….except Shinsuke since he made the grave mistake of holding the briefcase on the SmackdownLive go home show.
- The Hype Bros vs. The Colons (Kickoff Show): The Colons; I hope that this leads to a break up of thr Hype Bros. I think that tag team has run its course and I think a heel Zach Ryder and a face (but intense) Mojo Rawley will be the refresher both competitors need. Also, during Mania week at Axcess, Zach Ryder said he was ready to compete on his own. I need to see Ryder slowly tease the turn and then I would like to see WWE play the footage of Ryder saying this..and for Mojo to be hurt and retaliate.
- Tag Team Championship — The Usos (c) vs. The New Day: The Usos; I don’t think it’s the right time to take the championships off of them yet. I also don’t think they will win clean.
- Women’s Championship — Naomi (c) vs. Lana: Naomi? She has to win, right? I keep thinking that WWE is gonna swerve us here. Do I believe that Lana has championship ring skills? Nope. But do I think that WWE would make her champion? Yep. Maybe one of the women from the MITB match will interfere so Lana wins, and then the winner of the MITB will cash it in against Lana.
- Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match — Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Carmella vs. Tamina Snuka: Becky Lynch; I feel like there are really only two options here; Charlotte & Becky. Stranger things have happened in WWE though, so maybe Tamina will win. I think Becky will hold on to the contract for a while though. I also think that she will turn heel during the time she holds the briefcase. She will realize that everyone else has taken ‘shortcuts’ to the title and now its her turn to get back what she deserve by whatever means necessary.
- Money in the Bank Ladder Match — AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin: Sami Zayn; Is it Sami’s time? Maybe. Hopefully. Sami would also be a good one to fail at cashing in the briefcase. However, I really think this is going to depend on WWE’s long term plans for BOTH championships. Wouldn’t a great storyline come from Zayn cashing it in on Owens?!!! Zayn should be the first (?) MITB winner not to go for the top title. And he should use this to get the ultimate revenge on his former BFF Kevin Owens. JBL and Tom Phillips will be able to convey how different Zayn choosing the US Title is…and also how hes getting revenge. KO will be able to portray beimg so shocked that Zayn chose him. If Zayn doesn’t win, my next choice is Corbin.
- WWE Championship — Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Randy Orton: Jinder Mahal; Sigh. It’s sad that this seems like the least important match on the card. I think i’m actually more interested in the kickoff show match than this one. Mahal looks like a champion, and carries himself like a champion, but it was just too soon for him to BE champion. Randy Orton wasn’t a good choice either. Hopefully the winner of the MITB will make the top championship seem important and desirable again.
- The Hype Bros vs. The Colons (Kickoff Show): This match will end in a no contest; Ryder will turn heel on Mojo. This will end up back stage by the pre show announce team.
- Tag Team Championship — The Usos (c) vs. The New Day: The New Day; NEW DAY! I was 100% ready for these guys to come to Smackdown LIVE and get to the splitting up point. I really felt that they had ran their course. However the 2 months free of them was a good time. Their hilarity feels fresh once again. With them as champs they can be obnoxious as ever and with real foes in the Usos the fued should be one to carry the tag team division.
- Women’s Championship — Naomi (c) vs. Lana: Naomi; Naomi needs to add some fire to the championship. She hasn’t lived up to being a good champion. The championship has become a back burner to the other women. With that said…Lana can’t beat Naomi. But I do hope that Lana shows some in ring ability and proves herself to be worthy.
- Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match — Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Carmella vs. Tamina Snuka: Charlotte
- Money in the Bank Ladder Match — AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin: Kevin Owens
- WWE Championship — Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Randy Orton: Jinder Mahal; Having Mahal take the championship was instantly questioned. Critics are upset saying that Mahal has not climbed the ladder to get to this point. WWE officials will not right their wrong and admit defeat. Im enjoying Mahal’s promos as he does bring an intensity to the mic. I would like to see Mahal physically abuse Orton, use the Singh brothers and just destroy Orton.
- The Hype Bros vs. The Colons (Kickoff Show): I think the hype bros will win with Zach turning on Mojo. Something was weird in the way he was reintroduced so i know something is going to happen.
- Tag Team Championship — The Usos (c) vs. The New Day: New day will win based on the numbers game they play. This will definitely be one of the matches of the night.
- Women’s Championship — Naomi (c) vs. Lana: Naomi will retain but im so glad that lana will finally get to show the world what she can do. People dont realize she has been in nxt for over a year. Even though thats hardly enough time, if she wasnt ready, she wouldn’t be here.
- Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match — Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Carmella vs. Tamina Snuka: I think either Carmella or Tamina will win the whole thing.
- Money in the Bank Ladder Match — AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin: i think Baron will win this match. He really is the dark horse of the match. If its not him, it’s definitely AJ.
- WWE Championship — Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Randy Orton: Jinder will retain with the help of the Singh brothers. I see orton taking time off after this
Categories: Smackdown LIVE!