It’s almost that time again! This Sunday, January 29, 2017, in San Antonio, the 30th Royal Rumble event will take place.
The 30-man, over-the-top-rope, elimination match is one of the most exciting matches in professional wrestling.
- The Concept: 2 men start, 28 men enter at 90 second intervals, until all 30 men have been in the ring.
- The Strategy: Eliminate you competitors by throwing them over the top rope with both feet touching the ground.
- The Goal: Be the last man in the ring
- The Reward: The main event match on the ‘Grandest Stage of Them All’, Wrestlemania.
This year’s rumble will be different in the fact that everyone that will enter the rumble will most likely be a top or mid card wrestler. The brand split has helped showcase talent that we wouldn’t have seen otherwise. This makes the match even more exciting. I’m sure that this years rumble will contain the same ‘spots’ that most of the rumbles do: 1) Someone will be eliminated quickly, 2) There will be a point where all action stops due to a new entrant, 3) Someone will almost be eliminated but only one foot will touch, 4) Someone angry about being eliminated will get back in the ring and eliminate the person that eliminated them, 5) A shocking entrant, usually someone that hasn’t been seen on TV in a while, 6) Someone will clear the ring, 7) Everyone will team up to try and eliminate a bigger man, 8) A friend will eliminate a friend/tag team member, 9) Old school entrant, usually someone from the past that isn’t on the current roster.
All of these things will make for a great match this Sunday!
Royal Rumble 2017 Match Card
- Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns (Universal Championship)
- AJ Styles vs. John Cena (WWE World Championship)
- Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley (Raw Women’s Championship)
- Neville vs. Rich Swann (Cruiserweight Championship)
- Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, & Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, & Natalya
- Kickoff Show: Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
- Kickoff Show: Cesero & Sheamus vs. Anderson & Gallows (Raw Tag Team Championship)
Royal Rumble Match Confirmed Entrants
- The Undertaker
- Brock Lesnar
- Big Show
- Dean Ambrose
- The Miz
- Sami Zayn
- Dolph Ziggler
- Big E
- Xavier Woods
- Kofi Kingston
- Bray Wyatt
- Randy Orton
- Luke Harper
- Mojo Rawley
- Braun Strowman
- Christ Jericho
- Baron Corbin
- Big Cass
This only leaves 8 open spots! Who do you think will be #1? Who do you think will return? Who will be this years Iron Man? Who Will Eliminate the most competitors? Who do you think will win? Will Bayley finally end Charlotte’s ppv streak? Will the shark cage make any difference? Check out our Royal Rumble prediction post to see what we think!
Categories: Dual Brand